Sonarworks SR (Studio Reference) is a digital technology solution for delivering consistently accurate studio reference sound across all existing speakers and headphones. It includes in itself a solution for measuring the speakers (Reference Measure) and headphones (calibrated by us in our HQ and implemented as either average or individual headphone profiles) as well as a sound processing engine for correcting the audio signal ensuring that the listeners hear accurate sound free from all unwanted coloration no matter what speakers or headphones they use. The Sonarworks SR standard sets the frequency response target to be completely neutral for speaker-based playback systems, i.e. a flat FR curve across all audible frequencies as perceived by the listener in the listening position. The headphone FR target is designed to emulate neutral-sounding speakers.
Articles in this section
- Can I use an averaged calibration profile on a similar headphone model?
- What is Sonarworks SR?
- How do I set up the Reference plugin in my DAW?
- How to get the new average profiles?
- Systemwide vs Plugin
- What are calibration limits?
- Which target curve should I use?
- Can I tweak the correction curves further to my liking?
- Do the additional curves (tilt etc.) also take into account my room response curve measurement?