Every DAW out there has its own unique way to handle this (refer to the manual for details), but the general outline is as follows:
- Make sure that you know which folder was used to install Reference plugin in
- Open your DAW and ensure that it is scanning this folder for plugins
- Open a session you are going to work with and locate your master bus. In some DAW’s it’s named “Stereo Out” by default.
- Locate the very last insert slot for plugins on this master bus and open the Reference plugin in this very last slot. This way everything you do in the mix will be affected by the Reference plugin, so you can make your decisions doubt-free
- And don’t forget to bypass the plugin when exporting your work - the calibration is part of your room, not your mix.